In 2014, Harrell Nut Company was acquired by Golden Peanut and Tree Nuts, a wholly owned subsidiary of ADM, as part of the Golden’s strategic tree nut diversification growth plan. Harrell Nut Company was founded in 1994 in Camilla, Georgia. The company enjoyed consistent growth over the years adding a plant in El Paso, Texas in 2004. The company has always focused on the future growth of the entire pecan industry and have supported various pecan industry trade and grower associations over the years.
Golden’s U.S. Pecan Division was established as one of the leading pecan shellers in food safety, quality, and service worldwide through the acquisition of Harrell Nut Company and provides many key benefits to customers including:
- Processing plants in the two major U.S. growing areas
- A procurement network covering all pecan producing states and Mexico
- Shipments to over 20 countries
- Production capacity to support high volumes
- Certified as a Heart Healthy Check supplier
- HACCP, SQF, and kosher certified